Sunday, December 30, 2012

Coming up for air

With only a day and a half left in 2012, I thought maybe I should post something. :)

It's been crazy since my last post. Good and bad.

Soldier Girl made it home for the holidays, and I'm thrilled to have her here for a few more days before she has to go back to AIT. The day I picked her up from the airport, we went straight to the range so she could play with some of our new toys. :) We went again yesterday and she got to shoot a Desert Eagle, an SKS and an M1, among other things. She had a great time, and we're hoping to get her back over there tomorrow to try out some other fun toys.

Christmas was quiet and relaxed, which is how I like it. 

Work is another story......

We have been absolutely swamped at the range these last couple of weeks. I don't know if it's just that everyone is off of work and trying out their new Christmas gifts, or if it's all the gun control talk, or both. But it's been very crowded, all day, every day - and gun sales have been plentiful.
I guess we'll see what happens after New Year's when everyone goes back to work.

I won't say much about Sandy Hook, since so many others have said it so much better than I ever could, but I will say that I am deeply saddened at the tragic loss of innocent lives. 

But I'm also deeply angered at the garbage that is being spewed by the current administration about "gun control." Disarming law abiding citizens is certainly NOT the way to prevent crazed criminals from killing innocent people. Criminals don't obtain things legally, so they will have guns no matter what laws are passed. Us law abiding citizens shouldn't be stripped of a means to defend ourselves when necessary.

I know I'm likely preaching to the choir here.....so I'll leave it at that. For now.

In other news.....Mr 2A and I have been very busy working on several certifications, and we'll be teaching some classes very soon. I promise to post more about that in the next week or two.

Until then, I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's!



3 comments:

  1. I worked the sales counter in a gun shop and I have never seen anything like the panic buying that's going on right now. My heart is happy for my friends in the industry, because they're making money hand over fist, but I am so glad I'm not the one working. Y'all have got to be exhausted at the end of the day.

    I've tried to avoid going anywhere near the panic buying and will wait until some of the frenzy dies down, but the few times I've been in the gun shops around town, I'm hearing people bitch about the wait.

    Here's the thing: the writing has been on the wall for a while. Don't get pissy at the folks working, who have to tell you that the NICS wait is days long, it's not their fault you waited until the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister. The NICS wait is crazy right now. Thankfully, our customers have been (mostly) understanding. But I hate telling people "Sorry, we don't have any ARs/.223/.556/mags/etc and I have no idea when we'll get more."

      I'm trying to wait until some of the frenzy dies down as well, but seeing all the empty shelves is even raising my anxiety levels a little....I'm VERY happy I gave hubs the go-ahead to get into re-loading earlier this year.

      Oh, and I totally get the rising price points due to supply and demand....but for those companies and individuals out there that are engaging in price gouging - YOU SUCK, and karma is a bitch. :(

      Delete
    2. True, the price gouging is crap.

      Looks like I won't be able to afford an AR for a long time yet. Luckily, I know how to use ALL of our guns and a short-barreled AR would just be for fun, not for necessity.

      Delete