Monday, August 27, 2012

Bittersweet

Today is the first day of "back to school" for many. I'm seeing many FB posts of everyone's kiddos in their cute new clothes, backpacks full of new school supplies. I'm monitoring my daughter's FB account for her while she's gone (so I can send her the all important updates in my letters to her), and many of her friends are posting about their first days of college.

If you have kids going back to school, or are going back to school yourself - I hope you have an amazing first day!



Well, we aren't doing that back to school thing. At least not yet. Once my daughter is done with basic and AIT, then we'll get into the back to school thing. But it's all bittersweet.

I'm feeling more than a little nostalgic today. I remember her first day of kindergarten. I cried when I left her there, but she was happy as a lark to be doing something new and meeting new people. I remember it like it was yesterday, but in reality, it was 18 years ago.

I'm missing her like crazy, and counting down the days til I get to see her graduate from basic training (36 to go!). Her letters tell me she's doing great, and even having some fun and kicking ass, but the momma in me worries about her just the same.

In other news, Mr 2A started Round 2, Part 1 of his chemo treatment last night. It's mid-morning as I write this, and he's already napping. I hope that's not a sign that this treatment is going to kick his ass early and often. But if it is a sign of that, I'll take it over the tumor.


No comments:

Post a Comment