Sunday, March 18, 2012

A First For Me

I shot my first AR15 yesterday! The build was just finished on Thursday last week, and this baby has already had over 300 rounds put through it without a hitch.

The range that we went to was incredibly busy, and the first lane that opened up was a 50 yard. Now, I don't have perfect eyesight, even with glasses, so while I could see the target, I couldn't see whether or not I was hitting it - we were using iron sights only - no spotting scope and no binoculars. That didn't excite me all that much. It was cool to shoot it and all, but it's easier to get excited about shooting something when you can actually SEE that you're hitting it.
After a bit a 25 yard lane opened up, so we moved over and while I still couldn't really see where I was hitting, I could at least see some movement in the target so I KNEW I was hitting it. That made it a little more exciting. :)

So I'm not totally hooked yet, but I am looking forward to going back to the range and using one of their tactical bays to do some more shooting.

When we got home, by daughter showed me how to strip it down, clean it and re-assemble. This rifle is a "training aid" (more on that later) but we're all having some fun shooting it!

Baby girl takes aim downrange.

No comments:

Post a Comment